ISO 22000 – Food Safety Management Certification
The ISO 2200 standard is focused on the development, implementation and improvement of a food safety management system. Food safety is a joint responsibility of all parties participating in the food chain. Therefore, it makes good scientific sense for those who are involved in food processing, manufacturing, and distribution to adopt and implement the ISO 22000.
Being certified as an ISOO 22000 with the world’s known independent third party such as PECB helps businesses to successfully implement the food safety management system.
Benefits of ISO 22000 certification to your organization:
- Updating of the food safety management system
- Provides a framework for management commitment, communication with suppliers and customers, and continuous improvement of the food safety system
- Maintenance of the food safety management system
- Engagement of HACCP and other preventive plans that ensure food safety
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
- Improves the reputation of the company
- Alignment with other internationally acknowledged standards
- Proves commitment to food safety
- Helps minimize food safety risks
- Increases transparency in food safety responsibility
Benefits of ISO 22000 certification to your customers:
- Ensuring safe food
- Better quality in the food industry
- Conformity of products and services
- Provides quality, safety and reliability assurance
- Independent audit demonstrates commitment to quality
ISO 22000 certification (also known as “registration”) is a third-party audit performed by a certification body such as PECB who, upon verification that an organization is in compliance with the requirements of ISO 22000, will issue an ISO 22000 certificate. This certification is then maintained through regularly scheduled annual surveillance audits by the registrar, with re-certification performed on a tri-annual basis.
Contact us to find how we can assist you in becoming an ISO 22000 Certified.