OHSAS 18001 – Occupational Health and Safety Certification
OHSAS 18001 certification is a professional certification that boots organization’s reputation by demonstrating that they hold a certified Occupational Health and Safety management policy. An effective occupational health and safety management system promotes a safe and healthy working environment, by providing a framework that allows your organization to identify and control its health and safety management system, and improves overall performance.
Implementing the OHSAS 18001 with the world’s known independent third party such as PECB can help your company demonstrate commitment to maintain an effective health and safety management system.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001 certification to your company:
- Eliminates or minimizes risk to employees
- Contributes in a healthier and safer working environment
- Demonstrates confidence in your organization
- Reduces downtime risks through on-site accidents
- Implements, maintains and continually improves an OHS Management System
- Ensures legislative and regulatory compliance
- Reduces the likelihood of prosecutions and fines
- Greater involvement in environmental safety from employees
- Increases stakeholder confidence with internationally acknowledged standard
- Promotes new effective procedures and processes
Benefits of OHSAS 18001 certification to your customers:
- Improves the reputation
- Demonstrates commitment to stakeholders
- Improves health and safety management system
- Independent audit demonstrates commitment to safety
- Cost savings for rework, damages and waste
OHSAS 18001 certification (also known as “registration”) is a third-party audit performed by a certification body such as PECB who, upon verification that an organization is in compliance with the requirements of OHSAS 18001, will issue an OHSAS 18001 certificate. This certification is then maintained through regularly scheduled annual surveillance audits by the registrar, with re-certification performed on a tri-annual basis.
Contact us to find out how we can assist you in becoming an OHSAS 18001 Certified.