Why should you attend?
The Certified Data Protection Officer training course enables you to develop the necessary knowledge, skills and competence to effectively implement and manage a compliance framework with regard to the protection of personal data.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” credential. By holding a PECB Certified Data Protection Officer Certificate, you will demonstrate that you thoroughly understand the gap between the General Data Protection Regulation and the current organizational processes including: privacy policies, procedures, working instructions, consent forms, data protection impact assessments, in order to associate organizations in the adoption process to the new regulation.
Who should attend?
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of the new procedures and adoption of the new requisites presented in the GDPR, which will come into force and effect by the 25th May 2018
- DPO and Senior Managers responsible for the personal data protection of an enterprise and the management of its risks
- Members of an information security, incident management and business continuity team
- Expert advisors in security of personal data
- Technical experts and compliance experts wanting to prepare for a Data Protection Officer job
- Understand the history of personal data protection in Europe
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts and approaches required for the effective alignment with the General Data Protection Regulation
- Understand the new requirements that the General Data Protection Regulation brings for EU organizations and non-EU organizations and when it is necessary to implement them
- Acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in assessing the implementation of these new requirements
- Learn how to manage a team implementing the GDPR
- Gain the knowledge and skills required to advise organizations how to manage personal data
- Acquire the expertise for analysis and decision making in the context of personal data protection
- This training is based on both the Regulation and best practices
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practical exercises include examples and real case discussions
- Practice exercises are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of the GDPR and primary knowledge of the present data protection legal requirements.
Day 1: Introduction to the GDPR and initiation of the GDPR Compliance
Day 2: Plan the implementation of the GDPR
Day 3: Deploying the GDPR
Day 4: Monitoring and continuous improvement of GDPR compliance
Day 5: Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Data Protection Concepts and Rights of the Data Subject
Domain 2: Data controllers, processors and the DPO
Domain 3: Planning the GDPR compliance project
Domain 4: Data Protection Impact Assessment and Privacy Impact Assessment
Domain 5: Data Protection Measures and Approaches
Domain 6: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of the GDPR compliance project
For more information about exam details, please visit Examination Rules and Policies.
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about Data Protection Officer certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Data Protection Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||DPMS project experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified Provisional Data Protection Officer||PECB Certified Data Protection Officer Exam||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified Data Protection Officer||PECB Certified Data Protection Officer Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Data Protection||Data Protection activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To be considered valid, these implementation activities should follow best implementation practices and include the following activities:
- Drafting a Data Protection plan
- Initiating a Data Protection implementation
- Implementing a Data Protection Policy
- Monitoring and managing a Data Protection implementation
- Performing continual improvement measures
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free