ISO 14001 – Environmental Management Certification
ISO 14001 sets out the criteria for an Environmental Management System (EMS). It does not state requirements for environmental performance, but sets out a framework that your company can follow in order to benefit the environment and also improve efficiency by reducing costs.
ISO 14001 certification can be used by any organization that wants to validate its improvement of resource efficiency, waste reduction, and drive down costs.
Benefits of ISO 14001 certification to your organization:
- Improved performance of affected process
- Develops the corporate image and credibility
- Quantifies, monitors and controls the impact of operations on the environment, now and in the future
- Ensures legislative awareness and compliance
- Improves environmental performance of supply chain
- Protects the company, assets, shareholders and directors
- Grows your access to business partners and potential customers
- Averts pollution and reduces waste,
- Responds to pressure from customers and shareholder
Benefits of ISO 14001 certification to your customers:
- Improved quality and service
- Establishes trust and credibility to customers
- Reduced customer audits
- Independent audit demonstrates commitment to quality
- Reassures customers who take an active interest in environmental performance that they are working with a company which promotes a shared environmental ethics
ISO 14001 certification (also known as “registration”) is a third-party audit performed by a certification body such as PECB who, upon verification that an organization is in compliance with the requirements of ISO 9001, will issue an ISO14001 certificate. This certification is then maintained through regularly scheduled annual surveillance audits by the registrar, with re-certification performed on a tri-annual basis.
Contact us to find out how we can assist you in attaining ISO 14001 Certification.